Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's been awhile

It’s been awhile since I’ve updated! Sorry.

For some weird reason, when I hit to save sometime an error comes up and I lose all the I wrote. Same thing happens sometimes when I try to leave notes. I think I’ve figured out a solution. I write my entry on Word, save it, then copy/paste it. After it saved, I go back and delete the Word. I’ve had this problem with email and a Group page too. It’s irritating to lose everything you just wrote!

Well last weekend Roger and I went to the cabin. My parents were there, my brother and the kids were there. Josh brought a friend. Keri was in CA for the weekend. It was nice to be up there again.

Softball started on Monday. I’m sharing a spot with someone who knows she can only be there half the time. So we split the cost. I played Monday and will tomorrow too. I figured then when she is there, I’ll be there anyways, I’ll be a sub if needed. It’s a coed league and my brother, Roger, BIL, my cousin’s fiance, and my cousin’s fiance are on the team.

Work related, the bakery manager came back. So far it’s making me happy. Right away she said “everyone is working every other weekend, if you want to switch you have to talk to the other person.” Yay! The pretend manager isn’t too happy right now. I looked and saw that she had asked for pretty much all summer off, big surprise. Manager asked me about a week after she said that to me, she asked if how it was before was working. I told her not at all. Woohoo!! The manager also said that pretend manager wrote next to all of her dates off saying “I need this off”. She said that if everyone could have their way, nobody would work weekends. Duh! Plus you don’t NEED every weekend off. There are things you WANT to do, but. For instance I know I work the weekend of May 30-31st. My cousin is getting married. So I just asked if I could be off my noon on Saturday. I figured I’ll just have to make the sacrifice and not be able to stay all night long at the wedding. Does stink that the wedding is a ways away, but oh well. I’ve done things like that before. I’ve stayed out til 2am on a work night in my town. It’s doable. There are two weekends that I do need off that happen to be my weekend to work. One is SIL’s wedding reception (the one that got married in Vegas). Their reception is a pig roast and MIL/FIL’s house and camp out. So I really do need to be there to set everything up and make food. Plus the night before is my cousin’s HS grad party. That’s the weekend before the 4th, I figured if I asked to trade so I work on the 4th, the other person will get lucky.
The other weekend is my grandpa’s 90’s birthday. We having a big party. We already bought tickets to go on this boat on the Mississippi.

I’m kinda bummed, next weekend I have a 3 day weekend!!! But my niece’s 2nd birthday party is on Saturday. So we have to stick around. I’m doing the cake too. So I have to figure out what to do.It’s been awhile since I’ve updated! Sorry.

For some weird reason, when I hit to save sometime an error comes up and I lose all the I wrote. Same thing happens sometimes when I try to leave notes. I think I’ve figured out a solution. I write my entry on Word, save it, then copy/paste it. After it saved, I go back and delete the Word. I’ve had this problem with email and a Group page too. It’s irritating to lose everything you just wrote!

Well last weekend Roger and I went to the cabin. My parents were there, my brother and the kids were there. Josh brought a friend. Keri was in CA for the weekend. It was nice to be up there again.

Softball started on Monday. I’m sharing a spot with someone who knows she can only be there half the time. So we split the cost. I played Monday and will tomorrow too. I figured then when she is there, I’ll be there anyways, I’ll be a sub if needed. It’s a coed league and my brother, Roger, BIL, my cousin’s fiance, and my cousin’s fiance are on the team.

Work related, the bakery manager came back. So far it’s making me happy. Right away she said “everyone is working every other weekend, if you want to switch you have to talk to the other person.” Yay! The pretend manager isn’t too happy right now. I looked and saw that she had asked for pretty much all summer off, big surprise. Manager asked me about a week after she said that to me, she asked if how it was before was working. I told her not at all. Woohoo!! The manager also said that pretend manager wrote next to all of her dates off saying “I need this off”. She said that if everyone could have their way, nobody would work weekends. Duh! Plus you don’t NEED every weekend off. There are things you WANT to do, but. For instance I know I work the weekend of May 30-31st. My cousin is getting married. So I just asked if I could be off my noon on Saturday. I figured I’ll just have to make the sacrifice and not be able to stay all night long at the wedding. Does stink that the wedding is a ways away, but oh well. I’ve done things like that before. I’ve stayed out til 2am on a work night in my town. It’s doable. There are two weekends that I do need off that happen to be my weekend to work. One is SIL’s wedding reception (the one that got married in Vegas). Their reception is a pig roast and MIL/FIL’s house and camp out. So I really do need to be there to set everything up and make food. Plus the night before is my cousin’s HS grad party. That’s the weekend before the 4th, I figured if I asked to trade so I work on the 4th, the other person will get lucky.
The other weekend is my grandpa’s 90’s birthday. We having a big party. We already bought tickets to go on this boat on the Mississippi.

I’m kinda bummed, next weekend I have a 3 day weekend!!! But my niece’s 2nd birthday party is on Saturday. So we have to stick around. I’m doing the cake too. So I have to figure out what to do. I might ask Roger if I should ask my dad if he's taking Friday off. Maybe we can go to the cabin Thursday evening and come home in time for the party Saturday. Roger hasn't started work yet:(
If he's working by Thursday, then heck no!

There are two things I want for my birthday, I’ll probably just get one, for now. There’s a Twins game on my birthday (Wed. 27th). I want to go that night. Depending on who all wants to go, if anyone. If there’s a few, then we’ll just do the cheap, upper deck seats. If it’s just Roger and me, his parents/mine, then it’ll be lower level. We’ll see.

There are two things I want for my birthday, I’ll probably just get one, for now. There’s a Twins game on my birthday (Wed. 27th). I want to go that night. Depending on who all wants to go, if anyone. If there’s a few, then we’ll just do the cheap, upper deck seats. If it’s just Roger and me, his parents/mine, then it’ll be lower level. We’ll see.

No comments: