Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Weekend/My Birthday

This weekend was a fun one. I did some fishing. The crappies were biting like crazy. I’m not sure how many was kept and filet. We only kept the ones over a certain size. Got lots of sun. I didn’t go fishing every time. One so many can go at a time, otherwise there’s just too many lines in the water and get all tangled. Nephew and his friend got to go, my brother went. I spent one day on the dock for a few hours with family members and got some major sun. It’s nice that I’m not one to burn. I had my suit on too.

Sunday my HS senior cousin Andy came to his cabin (bunkhouse) with some friends. My brother, my cousin Pam and her friend, our other cousin Bryan and his fiance went out to a bar (lame!). When they came back Bryan and Jen went back to their cabin to go to bed. They went to look at the stars and saw Andy’s campfire was out of control. He’s 4 cabins away but they’re all on the lake, so they could see the fire across the lake. Pam had noticed the huge fire from her cabin, which is 2 away from Bryan and 2 away from Andy. They all ran down there and the fire was indeed out of control. Andy and his friends were in the bunkhouse playing games, I think it was Xbox. They had no idea! Pam raced and got my brother and Roger. Roger and I just had gone to bed. The firetruck was called in. That I guess was hard because only one cabin/house lives up there, so they get mail. The rest of us don’t know our address. There’s all these signs by the gate with the numbers, but we needed to know the fire marshall number for Andy’s lot. It was crazy. The fire department almost didn’t come out because we couldn’t give them the right number. They knew where we were, but they wanted the actual number. What ended up happening was my brother waited at the gate on the 4 wheeler and when the truck game, he led the way. It ended up just being pickup trucks with the hose on the back. By the time they came, we got the fire out with buckets of water. They checked the area and made sure everything was out. They were rude, saying “we got woken up for this?” It was 1:30am I think. What did they want us to not make sure it was out? Plus when they were called, the fire was blazing. I never saw the fire. SIL Keri and I walked down there. It was smokey all the way down to our cabin. We’re down the road and on a different lake. We’re closer to the gate. What I didn’t know is that, you can get a bill for having the fire department coming out. If it’s a “your fault” or something, you get billed. Since this was Andy’s fault for leaving the campfire unattended, it’s going to get billed.

We all looked at it the next day in the daylight (Andy and his friends went home first thing in the morning). It did get out of control, but luckily Bryan saw that it was!

Well today is my birthday! I have today and tomorrow off. Roger and I are going to pick my mom up from work at 3. Then we’re going to my gramps to hang out for a little bit, then we’re meeting Roger’s parents, sister, brother in law, nephew at 6:30 in front of the Dome. We’re going to the Twins/Red Sox game. Since there’s quiet a few of us, we got cheap seats. Upper deck, shouldn’t be too bad. It’s going to be fun!

Last night I subbed for bowling and my ball that was supposed to be ready last Tuesday is still not! The alley had to order the ball, then they do the drilling. The ball is on back order so they haven’t received it either.

No comments: