Saturday, August 8, 2009

And it comes in threes right?

Ok the second bad thing happened this week.
Yesterday Roger's grandma had a stroke.

I'm going to c/p a conversation from Facebook that I just find touching.

~ just visited my grandma in the hospital best thing about it my grandpa was holding her hand. Hang in there grandma, we love you!

~ how many years have they been married? glad you were able to see her. i hope she's not in pain or anything.

~ According to may oh-so-helpful Linn calendar, this August 30th will be 71 years.

~ That's amazing.

~ I've been thinking about her. I had to work today so I didn't know if there was any update on her. 71 years is just amazing!

~ I haven't heard anything since early afternoon. J and M went and visited. J said she was non-responsive. M brought grandma a fish in a baggie and I guess everyone was worried what would happen to the fish. J said it was the thought and was .89. :)
I just can't help but find joy and peace in the fact that Grandma and Grandpa have been together for that long and that they are still by each other's sides. That is simply beautiful. There is a big wow factor there.

~ I couldn't agree more. What an inspiration for all of us.

No comments: