I get asked this every once in awhile. It is asked by people who do care about me. I don't feel offended that they ask. But after last time (we were at a wedding), I said to my husband, "do you think I'm really going to tell everyone if I feel like it's getting worse or that for fact it is?" I know they're just asking. But I guess I'm in such denial, I don't want to be "that girl who is losing her sight". Always seems that everyone is labeled by something that's wrong with them. When there's so many people involved. For instance there's this cousin Gregg, I hear "oh he's the one with the brain issues, has seizures". Ummm I know his as Gregg, the nice cousin of my husband, that participates in my visionwalks.
Anywho, I guess I just don't want to accept the fact that it could be getting worse. I'm just holding onto the thread of hope that, maybe this is all it's going to be, I can deal with that. I know no matter what happens I'll be ok, I have a great support system around me.
As I speak of sighted problems, it's not stopping me from going moonlight bowling tonight. Hopefully it's still ok. Now I just have to go double check on the shirt the hubby is wearing, when we go moonlight bowling I always have to remind him to put a light colored shirt on.
1 comment:
((HUG)) Thinking of you often. Your strenght is amazing!
Post a Comment