I suppose I haven't posted since I've had the baby on July 21st and he's already 6 weeks old! His name is Bruce.
The past 6 weeks have been wonderful. Life is definately different. There are ups and there are downs. For the most part, so far everything has been easier than I thought. It's not easy.
There has been a couple times that we've dealt with crying that we didn't know how to stop, that was mostly around dinner time. Last weekend was the first time at the cabin, there was one evening he cried for a couple hours. I know he was overwhelmed/overstimulated by new place, lots of people. It is nice, my parents have a 5th wheel parked at the cabin, so we're staying in there. This past weekend was lots better. Sunday night we tried laying him down on the bed in the cabin but there was just too much noise. After a little while we moved to the 5th wheel and he was asleep instantly and stayed. We had forgotten the monitor at home so we decided we should go to bed anyways.
We have had a few family get togethers, our first overnight away from home was at the casino (we pretty much went cause it was a free room and eat the buffet), We've been to the cabin the last two weekends. Last Friday I went to the State Fair and had Roger's mom babysit, Roger picked him up after work.
It's so nice to see how he looks at me. I've seen a couple smiles now, those are priceless.
Well gotta go, tend the baby! We need to figure out our swing. It's supposed to keep swinging but it stops after awhile. That's what that cry was about.
This picture is moments after being cleaned up
1 month already!

No comments:
Post a Comment