Friday, December 21, 2012

5 months

Bruce is 5 months old today! Time is cruising. He is doing so well. In the exersaucer we moved the height adjustment up a level since it was standing so tall in there. Just the week before we tried it and he seemed to be on his tippy toes so we moved it back down. He's able to move himself around (chair swivels as there are attached toys all around). Well now he's at the next height and is flat footed and can swivel around.

He has had to see the doctor about working his neck muscles. His right side of his neck is stiff. He goes to his left a lot, which causes a little bit of a bump on the back of his head, since he sleeps on his left more. In the 1st 2 months he slept a lot of his left. Every since 2, I thought he was using both sides pretty equally. After the first two weeks of exercises the doctor has said it has improved, yay! We'll go back in the middle of January to see if it's improved more, then we shouldn't need to go back for this issue.

Bruce likes to stand. If you pull him up to a stand on your lap or when you're sitting on the floors. He's wobblish of course but there are times where he's surely standing on his hold. Of course we don't let go of him. We pull his hands when he's laying down, to sitting position. Figured this helps work on his core for being able to sit on his own.

I thought for sure he'd have a tooth by Christmas. I don't think it's going to arrive by then. I thought a month ago it would come anytime. I don't really know why I'm so eager for it to come!

Bruce seems really ready to start food. The plan was to start when he's 6 months. We've been giving him tastes of things from our finger. Just things like sauce, last one was tomato soup that a sauce more than soup. I was just eating the leftover today and he was staring and me moving his mouth like he wants to eat it. Maybe we'll start after the holidays. I'm starting to read up on it on what the guidelines are. Figured I'd get this info at his 6 month checkup.

Here's some pictures to close out.
With Cousin Elena (5.5 weeks older)









1 comment:

KT said...

Awesome photos!