We had received the pack 'n play that sister in law used with her babies, that are no longer babies. It has the bassinet attachment. We planned on using that as the baby's bed until he was bigger and go into his crib.
My cousin had offered her bassinet for us to borrow. I took her up on the offer. Figured, why not? This was a huge plus!
I think I would've liked this for any kind of birth. I had an unplanned c-section. With having had a c-section, the height of the bassinet was great. I barely had to bend over to pick him up or lay him down. It's also on wheels. During the day he slept in there in the living room. I was able to keep an eye on him, also didn't have to go to the end of the hall to tend to him. The first two nights, the bassinet was in our room. Then we decided to move it into his own bedroom. Where the pack 'n play, it pretty much stays where you set it up. It doesn't fit thru the door either.
We used the pack 'n play when we went to the cabin and it worked great. The bassinet part seems more like a hammock to me, sags a little. I like that the bassinet was firm. It was also very easy to clean. There's a waterproof pad and a fitted sheet on it. It was wiped down often with a clorox wipe and the sheet washed easily.
1 comment:
I love how the arms are straight over his head (assume the position!)
Post a Comment