Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Letter B

Choose a word that is somehow special to you with each letter of the alphabet and write a bit about that word.

Letter B

B for brother. I have an older brother who is such a good friend to me. Growing up we fought very little, then we I started junior high things changed. He was the oldest in the school, freshman and I was the youngest, 7th grader. My brother looked after me. All his friends liked me, so I hung out with my brother and his friends when I wasn't doing anything with my friends. I knew them before junior high started. So it was pretty cool going into junior high and saying "hi" to quite a few freshmens.




We both ran track and the same events, hurdles. 9th grade runs with the high school team, even though in our school 9th grade was still junior high. It was a little nervous going to track practice at first when you're an hour late to practice and there's only two of you that are 9th graders on the track team. The other person was from a different junior high. It was awesome when finally being done with warm ups and going over to the hurdles to join up with practice with the rest of the small hurdle gang and totally fitting in because of my brother.

Now seeing my brother as a husband and father (also a step father), I'm very proud of him.

I love the fact that my husband and my brother get along great too. My husband made my brother the Best Man for our wedding.

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

So great to hear of the special relationship you have with your bro!