Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Veggie Garden


I'm going to start a veggie garden inside in March. We have a room that gets lots of sunlight and I can close the door so the cats won't mess with it.
This is a picture of my first attemp at the garden. All the you can see is lettuce.

Previous owners had a veggie garden and I've tried it a couple times but fail. It's hard when you plant, make the rows, but when weeds starts coming up, what's the plant, what's the weed. Last fall I asked Roger if he could please fence in the garden for me this spring and I'll try my hardest to do better with it. We have rabbits in the area. It gets really frustrating thinking "oh it coming up good", bam it's gone.

I have a banquet fold up table, I'll put in that room. I made a list of what I want. Then hopefully when it's time to plant into the ground, everything has started. So then I can see the plant instead of wondering if it's a weed or not. Roger's parents have a tiller, so we'll borrow that.

I think I'm going to plant lettuce, cucumbers, brocolli, cauliflower, tomatoes, green beans. I already have asparugus out there that comes back every year and rhubarb.

No comments: