Sunday, March 22, 2009

Blast from the Past

Last night Roger and I met up with a friend of mine from high school and her fiance. This friend, Jamie, we ran cross country and track together. Roger ran cross country too, so he knows her well. Jamie was a class younger than us, not that it really matters! Anywho, we haven't seen each other since my graduation party on June 11, 2000.

She and her FI were going to a food tasting about an hour from their house, so she asked if we wanted to meet up for drinks. I suggested a bar that was in the town next to ours that's right off the interstate that they'd be driving. This is about the middle for them and close to us. So they'd only have a half hour to get home. While we were at dinner she commented "don't you live in ..." which was the city that the tasting was at. So she was kinda confused why I picked this location. Oh well, it all worked out. We actually stayed at the bar for 3.5-4 hours.

On Friday, SIL texted us that her baby is a girl. I know she's super excited because she has a son and 3 nephews, no nieces. So her daughter will be the first girl in both families maybe. At least in our family. I know her SIL is pg and about the same time, I'm not sure what she's having. That makes it 3 nephews and 3 nieces for us.

I'm making a crockpot chicken that one of my friends has posted the recipe. I have a whole chicken, she had chicken breasts. Hopefully it'll work. I had to kinda rip the legs off some because it wouldn't fit in the crockpot! I have to go to the store to get an ingredient (taco seasoning), I figured it's ok to start it without it and add it. I need to get more clear cups. I'm planting veggies for my garden. I'm starting it inside, I ran out of cups yesterday.

No comments: