Monday, June 22, 2009

We told the family

Friday we went to the cabin, we got there about 3. My mom was already there. It was hard not to tell her the news yet. I wanted to wait to my brother family got there. They finally got there at 8. My dad was on call and wasn't coming til Saturday morning. I didn't want to wait. When my brother's family got there we went for a pontoon ride. I was trying to get 4 year old niece Norah to tell my mom the news. She wouldn't do it. She's not the best a saying stuff when you ask her too, she gets all "no you tell her". Norah and I went in front of my mom. I held Norah's hands over her head and was pulling her off the ground and saying in a high voice for her "Grandma, you're going to be a grandma to 4". I had to say it several times, then they were all "are you for real?" I pointed and counted the kids and said "4" when I pointed to my belly. They all came and hugged me. The my brother says, but what's "2 4?". I had to spell it out "t-o 4". lol.

Then Saturday when my dad got there, I asked Norah to tell him the news. We walked up to him and she wouldn't do it. Then finally she blurted out "LeeAnn and Roger are going to have a baby". My dad said "sweet".

Sunday we came home early. The weather was kinda icky and my brother's family went home early to go to the Twins game and my dad went home shortly after. So we went over to Roger's family. They're getting ready for the big party this Saturday. SIL, BIL, nephew were there at Roger's parents (that's where the party is). After a few hours other SIL (PG) and her toddler son came over, then we went out to eat for Father's Day. While there I said to Roger "you going to tell them?" He told me to, I told him to. His dad was at the other end of the table, so Roger asked him a question. Doing so everyone at the table can hear him.
Roger asked "Dad do you have any extra paint?"
Dad asked "Paint? For what?"
Roger said "for the bedroom next to ours".

They were all confused. Then I lifted my glass of water to his dad and said "cheers to my water". They still were confused. Then I pointed to pg SIL and her toddler son, then they all got it! They all were cheering, the 1 1/2 year old was even going "yay!" and clapping. I think the whole restaurant knew now! Then they were all already naming the baby, haha.

The father's got a free dessert for Father's Day. Roger got one too. I said "we shoulda tried this a long time ago, I don't have to look pregnant for him to get a free desert".

No comments: