Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm Back

I had last week off (22nd-30th). It was a much needed vacation. Came at the perfect time. Roger wasn't able to stay during the week. My parents had the week off too.

First we came to the cabin to find a tree had fallen on the roof. There's some damage. Not too bad but there's a hole. My dad tried to take the tree off himself but he just didn't have enough tools. It actually damage the roof/side a little more. The tree was oak, so really heavy. We hired someone to bring the tree to the ground. Then the next day my dad took down another tree. That was an easy job. It was really leaning and we were just noticing that if that tree fell, it'd take out 2 or 3 vehicles. One would be mine if we were there if it happened. If it happened when we weren't there, it could possible hit the boat. We have a van up there too that's in clear shot. So that tree is down and split up. Joys for vacation right?

I did have fun though. On Thursday Roger was there by noon. The 4 of us took the boat out on the 6 mile long lake that's the main lake. We never go on the lake. It was pretty cool. There's a sandbar in middle, so we stopped there on the way down and on the way back and walked around, swim. Then the 4 of us went to the casino for crab leg night, yum!

Then Friday my brother and his family came. His family has been in CA for the past month. This weekend was the Festival weekend. Friday night we hung out down at my cousin's and played drinking games. Then we treked over to my other cousin's cabin and he had a bunch of friends up. We played Cups there. I kept saying I was making up for lost times. I was hammered. Oh the lemon drop shots are dangerous. I could not taste the alcohol. Afterwards we went back to my cousins and hung out, then I had to run to the bathroom, me dranka too much. So we treked back to our cabin.

The next morning with the kids, screaming. Ouch! I ended up taking one of the ibuprofen from the surgery, it's 600mg. That worked like a charm!

We went into town for the crafts. Then Roger's sister, husband, son made it to our cabin. That night we went into town for the beer gardens. It was cold. So we went to the Club. Holy crap, a real disco club in a town of 2 thousand people! At the end of the night Roger's sister and her husband went to bed. We went back down to my cousin's. I didn't drink much this day because I was a bit hungover.

All in all it was a good time. Although I come back to find out I work 9 days in a row, ish! We fired a girl right before my vacation started. I'm going to be so burnt out next week.

Yesterday after work I went to the State Fair with my family. I finally got in bed by 11:30pm. It was hard to get up this morning.

No comments: