Tuesday, August 18, 2009

RIP

I had a three day weekend. It was supposed to be really hot on Saturday and it wasn't. Well it was humid but not really hot, was windy too. Did get some fishing in. Went on the pontoon, did go in the water a little. It rained Saturday evening, started maybe around 8. My dad took Monday off. Roger called into work Monday morning to see if there was work and there wasn't. If there was work, he had all of his stuff, so he would've left. Then I would've had to ride home with my dad. The weather was a little nicer but still not the hottest for swimming. Still windy. Then come today, not a cloud in the sky, doesn't seem windy. It's not 80, so I'm sure if we were at the cabin it still wouldn't be hot enough.

I had mentioned Roger's grandma had a stroke on the 7th, she passed yesterday morning. We saw her last Wednesday. She didn't look like she was going to make it. She just layed there. I think Wednesday morning was the last time she opened her eyes and actually said anything. Roger sat and held her hand for about an hour, he said she always squeezed her hand a little bit everytime Grandpa was talking. Never for anyone else.

Roger's parents are on vacation this week and they drove to Michigan with some other (drove themselves though). Today they're spending the whole day driving back. Today is also their anniversary. I hope they got some fun in while they were there. All last week they were with Grandma, so they did get a chance to see her.

I won't be around much for awhile.

Tomorrow: work, do a full sheet cake for the funeral, go to wake, go to Roger's softball game

Thursday: funeral (I have a feeling it's going to be huge)

Friday: work, then go to cabin for vacation!

Come home Sunday the 30th in time for the bowling meeting.

The 28 29, 30th is Rhutabega Festival. SIL Macie, BIL, and Nephew I think are coming up for that weekend.

Roger will be there the two weekends but I don't think during the week. My mom and dad took the week off too.

No comments: