Thanksgiving was a blast. So much good food. I ate the soup that I look forward to so much over the weekend. My aunt makes a turkey and dumpling soup that my grandma used to make. The soup is just amazing, mostly because it bring back memories of my grandma. My grandma always had a bowl of soup waiting for us when we arrived to the cabin. I remember getting to the cabin, getting out of the car and my brother and I would run up the hill to my grandma's house. There'd be a bowl for each of us already full of soup ready at the kitchen table. Of course as we got older my parents told us we needed to bring in our bags from the car before going up there. That was so hard! With that little bit of a delay, my cousins would come running down the hill from my grandma's to our cabin. My one cousin ALWAYS fell halfway down. By then our bags were inside and we'd have to walk her back up the hill. It got to the point we'd get out of the car and yell up the hill "Pam wait up there, we'll be up in a minute". hahaha.
Anywho I made apple sauce awhile ago. I picked a ton of apples from my tree. I know my mom loves apple sauce. I made it last year and my mom loved it. I was thinking this year I could make her a gift basket. Jar of apple sauce, homemade salsa and homemade tomato sauce. I made tomato sauce this year and it rocked! The only thing with that is that I'd have to buy the tomatoes.
Well I decided to bring a jar of the apple sauce to Thanksgiving. My SIL absolutely loved it. I let her keep the leftover of it. Then I saw them again this weekend. My brother said that SIL was wondering if she could pay me to make apple sauce. So guess what else she's going to get for Christmas? Yep.
I just made another pot, which is probably 3 jars full. I save spaghetti sauce jars to reuse. So that's the size of the jars. I can make another pot full but I need to get more sugar.
I have the recipe for the apple sauce, and tomato sauce on my food blog Nummy Foods.
1 comment:
Wow...you're a cooking/baking maniac!! As if the pies weren't enough? You did applesauce? You GO GIRL!! I have to check out the applesauce recipe.
Post a Comment