Thursday, February 4, 2010

Registration

I finally got a hold of the registration to be on the waiting list if there's a clinical trial for my eye condition. I honestly don't know why it took me so long to get it. I just need to print it off and mail it in asap. Then I'll feel good that I'm in the database. Then just hope someday!

I'm going to email them a question I have. I think I should get a genetic screening, although it doesn't really do anything right now. I think eventually I'll have to have it down. The only thing is it's spendy and insurance doesn't cover any of it. I can't remember how much it is. Also the closest place to go is University of Iowa. I don't know if I wait until I do need it, if technology will get better, cost will be better or I don't know. I was thinking when I go to raise money for the VisionWalk, I could ask people to donate it to help me get a genetic testing done. Maybe a small amount of the money would go towards VisionWalk. I was just thinking, I raised close to $2K for the last walk, that money could pay for my testing. I know it was at least that much, maybe even more.

No comments: