OMG tonight was way too funny in a serious way.
So we're fishing again. This time it's us two, my dad, my brother, his two girls and stepson. After my brother and the kids left, my dad, Roger and I started a game of cribbage. There were 4 people playing while my brother was there. Then all of a sudden my dad and Roger both had a fish, they realize quickly that they're hooked to each other. So one of them caught a fish and it swam into the other hook, then my line goes down. Three of us hooked. Roger line ends up breaking. My dad's line gets tangled at the reel. So he ends up cutting his line and starts pulling it up by hand. I keep letting slack out of mine so he can pull it up. Well Roger was taking care of my pole. I was shining a flashlight down my dad's hole. It's about 11pm so it's dark down the hole. At one point I was sure I saw something weird, I thought it might be a northern coming up sideways. Thinking it was on Roger's hook correctly and snagged my dad's hook on it's side. Then I don't see it. Then a little bit later it look right at the bottom of the hole, it look really weird. My dad (I guess I have to admit me too) thought "holy s**t it's a turtle". Ok you don't see turtles during the winter.Then it disappears. My dad can't pull anymore because Roger's line is going to run out. So they decide Roger should reel instead. He reels a little bit then he can't reel anymore, stuck.
There's huge disagreement between the two of them of what's going on. My dad so believes it's a turtle. Roger says it was the shadow of us leaning over the hole. I believe what I saw was a log. Roger's thinks we're stuck on a log but didn't see it. This last for awhile, I'm laughing so hard (I know it doesn't sound all the funny now).
The line is still in the hole. Tomorrow, most likely Roger and I will be making a run to my parents house to get my dad's underwater camera that my dad drove 2 hours yesterday to get from the cabin only to leave it at home. We want to see what's under there. The bobber and the hook are no longer on the line, we retrieved it from my dad's hole, so it's not snagged. Well I'm not sure about the hook, we have the bobber so that means no hook. So it must've been on the fish or caught on a line and the fish swam under and around a log or something to tangle it up.
Whew, that probably made no sense at all, but I just had to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment