Saturday, March 10, 2012

Got some baby stuff!

Sister in law told us awhile ago she has some stuff we can have. She has a 4 year old boy and 2 year old girl. We had told her we'd wait until we found out what we were having.

We went over there today and she had a bunch of stuff. I hate to say it, I think a lot of it I might not use. I don't know if I'm just being picky.

She had a pack and play that has the bassonet part, yay I really wanted that. My brother had the pack and play (not sure if they still do) but not the bassonet part. I like that it's a gender neutral color. There's a rod for the bassonet part missing, Roger's been looking online trying to see how to order that part.

She threw in a ton of blankets. That I don't know if I'll keep. Probably.

There's actually a lot of small stuff she thru in, she went so fast that I'm actually digging out the bags now to see what's in there. I just wish I had somewhere to put this. I found a tote that I'm emptying, so I can put stuff in there. But then I gotta find a home for the stuff I'm taking out. I know she thru in some Baby Einstein stuff, some books. I guess I was hoping there'd be some clothes, there's none. She offered her stroller. It's very nice, but we said No, at least for now. We're probably going to get a travel system. Plus I kinda think I want that new.

We went to 3 thrift stores in the area with MIL. The first 2 I've never been too, didn't get anything there. The first one had a nice crib, but it still seemed spendy for being used, plus no mattress. That's another thing that I kinda feel like it should be new. I guess if SIL would've said she had one, I probably would've taken it. At the last one we went to, the one that I go to often, I bought $20 worth of clothing! Found a pair of shorts and some tops, water shoes (they're perfect for our Idaho trip that we are not going on this year), and a bib that was still on the cardboard like when you buy it from the store, it's Christmasy and says 1st Christmas. Heck that was just $1.99.

I feel picky when I say "I feel like that should be new", am I?

I think it's very nice of her to give us this stuff!

I finished going thru all the stuff. I threw a bunch in the wash. It's really not a whole lot. There's blankets and bibs, but I was thinking about it, I'm sure this will be handy. Whether the bed gets messy, will at least have some stuff (right now anyways) to fix the bedding asap. She had given me some fitted sheets. Actually one or them is all sports on it, that's what I like. Right now it seems like a lot of bibs, but I'm sure (even after my showers and get more) I'll misplace a bunch, with going to the cabin, parents.

No comments: