Friday, April 13, 2012

Room Decor

We have decided that we're going to do 2 colors for the nursery. Chair rail in the center, a color on top and a different color underneath. The ceiling and the inside of the closet is going to get painted too (off white). Hubby mentioned doing one of the colors for inside the closet. I suggested using the same color as the ceiling in case in a few years the room gets repainted, won't need to repaint the closet. Today we just bought the chair rail. Although we don't need that until after we paint but that's ok.

I've heard that 3rd trimester, the energy goes back to how it was in the 1st trimester. Boo. This week I've been feeling extra tired, worn out easy. Sunday/Monday I felt what I call "growth spurt" day. I believe I'm right cause Little Bud was very calm during that time. Then Tuesday on, Little Bud started kicking a lot harder.

My mom said she wants to buy the crib, we just need to go pick it out. We'll do that after the room is painted. I know he won't sleep in it right away. It might be better to get it before he's born and we're busy.

My parents brought over my dresser which is the dresser my mom and her sister grew up with. I'm in the process of relining the drawers. I did buy wallpaper instead of contact paper since I was at Goodwill and it was cheap. I know that equals more work.

People have asked if I'm nervous, scared. I'm not. Not yet anyways. Maybe in 2 months (I have 3 to go). I feel I know the basics. I know every baby is different. Hopefully things will go pretty smoothly. The patterns, learning the baby comes quickly.
Right now I feel like we don't have much, item wise. But I have 3 showers. Hopefully I get some useful stuff. Afterwards we'll get the stuff that we feel we need now.

3 comments:

KT said...

Eeek...getting close! What colors have you chosen for the room? (Or is that a secret?)

Unknown said...

I bet his room is going to be adorable! I'm so excited for you. ((HUG))

Unknown said...

His room is going to be aborable! I'm so excited for you!