Yesterday I got home from work at noon. My parents were going to come
over for a little while at 2. I was cleaning up some. I had warned them
that it looked like Christmas has exploded here. We had gotten some
stuff this weekend that needed to be put together and find a home for
everything. Shortly later I decided I should take a shower then. When I
got done, I was in a towel and my hair in a towel and I came out, just
then Roger yelled to me from the kitchen. I said "what". He was bent
over to his foot and said "I'm going to need stitches" I go "Ok let me
go get dressed". I run to the bedroom and first thing I do is put my
hearing aids in and I could hear him, I'm trying to hurry. He was saying
"I need paper towels". Our extras are in the closet in the bathroom and
he had used up the ones in the kitchen. I get that for him. He then was
cleaning the floor, I told him he didn't need to worry about it cause
the blood was on the tile. He didn't want it to stain.
What happened was, he had been putting the crib together. I guess
there's a piece for when it's a toddler bed, he went to put it in the
closet. But like I said Christmas has exploded, everything is
everywhere. He either stepped on something and hopped cause he didn't
want to break whatever it was and stepped on the metal curtain rod, It's
about 2 inches wide, to hold a valance. On the back side it curls down
from the bottom and the top. It's 2 pieces, so once you have the valance
you slide that in the hole of the valance and the 2 pieces fit
together. Well the part that curls is what got him and sliced his big
toe. (It's on the ground from when the room got painted and we've
ordered new window treatment this week.)
We go to ER, they said Urgent Care wasn't open for another 1.5 hours, so we went thru the ER. He got 6 stitches.
This happened a little after 1, I text my dad and said "don't come,
we have to leave". I don't know why, he responded "where the hospital?" I
said Roger need stitches".
We were home a little after 2, I text my dad saying if they wanted to come over they can, so they did.
The weird thing is, on the way home I notice Roger do a motion with
his arm, a bowling swing. I said "you're not thinking about bowling
tonight". He's on a Monday night league. Well guess what? I bowled.
I thought he was nuts. I was also concerned about him working today and
he said why not. Last night the block crew (he's on the concrete crew)
called and asked if he wanted to work with them today, he told them he
couldn't. He did still call his boss this morning. I had woken up and it
was thundering and lightning like crazy. I was thinking "yes, rain
usually means no work". I was right.
Today we both did more cleaning up in the bedroom actually putting
stuff away, There's stuff in the room that doesn't belong in there
anymore, like a tote of my clothes that don't currently fit me.
So yeah, yesterday was interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment