Friday, June 15, 2012

Head Down

Seriously this head down position is quite a feeling. When I went to the Dr yesterday (last time was 2 weeks ago and the baby was diagonal, head by my hip) he asked if I had a guess how the baby is positioned. I said "I think head down". I was right. When I get up from sitting, it's this pressure in the crotch. Doesn't make you jump out of your seat anymore! Now I feel like I'm starting to fill out more. I think my cheeks are getting a little fuller. I can't remember what I weighed 2 weeks ago, but I think I gained a bit in those 2 weeks, oops. Oh well. I have all 3 of my showers done. I just need to finish with the thank yous. I had my work shower last night. It turned out nice. It was kinda weird, I heard some comments earlier on that there isn't anything left on my registry. I didn't know what to add, I didn't think anyone would really spend much on the gift. I got a bunch of clothes, some bottles, bath towels (so cute!) and a diaper caddy. All wonderful things. I got the Target registry completion coupon, Saturday we're going to buy stuff like the crib/mattress. Roger was facinated to find out that the crib turns into a toddle bed, then a full size bed. I knew that, must not have told him. I had picked out the crib with my mom. I have a card so he knows what it looks like. He must've looked it up on the site. Just the other day his sister asked if we wanted Codie's toddler bed and I said we didn't need it cause the crib is a toddle bed. We have the bed we had in the room (stored in the laundry room), my hope is after the toddler bed, he will have that bed and the toddler bed will be put back as a crib for #2. The room for #2 is smaller, so when it's a full size bed, it'll be a good size for that room. I keep saying we're going to have a second. I know Roger is thinking 1 might be fine. I keep mentioning our nephew Simeon, who is 12. He's an only child, he's a great kid. It just makes me think I want 2. Anywho, got side tracked there! After all the showers, I feel we're just about ready. I saw a cousin of mine last weekend and I'm borrowing her bassinet. I didn't NEED it, but since she had it, I took it. We have a pack n play that has the bassinet feature. The one from my cousin just looks more comfier and it's smaller. If we do put it next to our bed, this could fit. Where the pack n play would be at the end of our bed. It's on wheels too, so we can easily move it back to the nursery for his naps during the day. Once we get the crib put up, it has a changing table attached. We'll be able to put some stuff away on those shelves. Then we can clean the room, well more declutter it. The room is clean. Just some stuff doesn't have a home yet. I was hoping to find a book shelf at a garage sale, but no luck yet.

No comments: