I got back to work Wednesday the 17th. I have to make sure sometime this week that I'm on the schedule. Where I work it's a scheduling system, not a set shift. I'm kinda getting a somewhat set shift now. Here's what I told my manager.
Wednesdays: 6am-2pm
Thursdays: noon-6pm
Every other weekend: 6am-2pm
I might not get to work til 2pm or start at noon. But I'll know that a week beforehand so that helps.
I feel lucky (right now anyways) that I have a job that hopefully I won't be missing my little boy too much. So many people work all day and 5 days a week, get home, eat, put kid to bed and get things ready for the next day. I will just have one day that's on the later side getting home but I think I can deal with that.
My mom will be watching him Wednesdays and Thursdays, unless Roger doesn't work (he does construction). Wed. He'll drop Bruce off at my mom's. Figured since it's a longer day for her watching him, she could be at her own house. While he's napping, she could do her own thing. Then Roger will pick him up. If I work til noon, maybe I'll get him, not sure yet.
Thursdays, she'll come to my house. Then when Roger gets home, could be an hour, two or three later, then she can go home. Weekends, Roger will be home.
I'm not looking forward to going back to work, but part of me is. I think I might like a little break. I don't know if working at 6am is going to be hard! I love that I'm on Bruce's schedule. If he gets up in middle of the night, oh well. Or if he goes to bed later than normal, oh well. But with having to be up at 4:30am which I think is the time I'll have to get up, that's just poop.
No comments:
Post a Comment