Friday, November 16, 2012

Back to the Grind

I haven't updated since I went back to work. Which has been a month now. It's been going ok. I would rather stay at home but what can ya do?


Wednesday mornings Roger drives Bruce over to my parents, he leaves home at 5:30am which is the time I leave. I wake up at 4:40, that's the time Roger calls work to see where he's working if he is. I get ready. I have my clothes in the bathroom ready the night before. I pump which takes about 15 minutes. I wake Bruce up at 5:10, which he doesn't like. I sit in the rocking chair in his room and feed him a bottle that I just pumped. The first few time I nursed him but thinking bottle might be easier at this time. Then change his diaper, put him in his carseat and off he goes. I have the diaper bag ready the day before. Then he's at my mom's at about 6:10. The first day sucked. I think he cried the whole time, I was there at 1pm. My mom kept saying it was fine, it'll get better. The thing is I know SHE's fine, she knows that this is an adjustment, what's going on. HE doesn't know what's happening. Everytime since then he's been better. Even to the point that he's sleeping when Roger drops him off, she leaves him in the carseat and he'll sleep a couple more hours. Last Wednesday he didn't work, so he called her at 4:40 and left a message that he wasn't coming.


Thursdays I work at noon or 1. My mom comes to our house until Roger comes home. There's been a time where Roger was going to be home right when I had to leave, I was able to call her and let her know not to come. There's been a time that he didn't work period, so we didn't need her. Otherwise he comes home around 3 give or take, not a set time.


I work every other weekend, which speaking of which, I need to go to bed.
I work 6am-noon. I'll still get up at 4:40am. I'll get ready, I'll pump at about 5:10. I won't wake Bruce up since Roger is here. No need to bother him. The weekend is easier vs Wednesdays with the morning routine.


As for Bruce, he's been better after the 1st day. It's just that was a shock to him AND being at her house too. He's been there before. I had debated about it before and maybe I should've, first day back maybe should've been Thursday since it was a shorter time and at our house. Or else the weekend. The bottle thing might've been a little hard too. He's always been good with a bottle but didn't get it much. I had a dilema with my pump (broke) during the week before so I couldn't give him a bottle to get him used to it. I did have a hand pump so I had bottles for when I was gone.

So being at work 5-6 hours, I do have to pump at work. I dislike that! It does work out night though. I use the assistant store manager and other manager's office. The other manager has a year old and was pumping, so they're all used to "if the door is locked, go away". I just don't like tell service counter I'm on break (only one person staffed in our department, so when going on break noone is there) and that I'm not available to take phone calls are be paged, it's like a huge sign "I'm going to be pumping". Oh well. At least I've only been doing it once during my shift. Tomorrow and Sunday I have a 6 hour day (I've mostly been doing 5), I might need to do it twice. 8&11. Or I might try 9 and then I'll be home. I just hate not to do it enough and it hurt my supply. That's another thing nice about not working a whole lot is that the other days are back to normal. I don't know how long I plan on nursing.

No comments: