I don't know why I have trouble keeping up with this blog. Maybe it's partly cause I feel like I have 3 readers and we chat daily elsewhere. I have a "blog" on a different site and have for many years, I think I started it in 2001. I'm used to that layout, have my "favorites" that I read. It's on Opendiary.com.
Bruce sure crawls everywhere. He rarely ever sits still. If it's not crawling, he's standing holding onto something. We're trying to work on him walking between the two of us. Man though, one he starts walking, he's going to be everywhere! Oh wait, he already is!
There's one thing that has made life extremely difficult. He will NOT lay down for a diaper change or change of clothes. We give him something to hold/chew on and that'll work. That same item does NOT work the next time for a change. The best thing is if we can wait til he needs a bottle. I'll lay him on the floor on the boppy or a pillow so his head his propped up and I'm able to change his diaper. Man oh man. I'd rather every diaper be a stinky, poopy diaper and him lay still vs this roll over, run away stuff he does. I'm hoping it's a phase, but he's been doing this as soon as he learned how to sit on his own. So at least a month now. I've tried telling him that when he fights it, we fight it. Nobody wins. He's crying, we're frustrated. I won't change him on the changing table. Once we've been out and luckily he was entertained by all the people in the bathroom walking by, washing their hands and the hand dryer, he laid still.
His first tooth finally broke thru the skin on April 1st. Roger says a second one is ready to come thru. I haven't stuck my finger in there cause now with that tooth, might lose your finger! It's hard to look in his mouth, when you pull him lip down, he sticks his tongue over his gums.
He babbles a lot. Just a week ago he started dancing (rocking back and forth). Commercials, Ellen when she dances in the beginning of her show, a little bit to the radio. The other day we caught him dancing to no music and he said singing! "mom mom mom" were the words. His voice was raised like you do when you sing. It was so cute.
The infant carrier seat got packed away. He has graduated to a big boy seat! We researched and found the seat we liked, it goes all the way to a booster seat. We found it to be $90 online (new). Walmart $139.99. Target even more. We ordered it online for $90 with free shipping. We were trying to figure out how to install it in the car and turns out it doesn't start out small enough like we thought. It's not a rear facing seat, which he has to be in. We didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return this huge box and pay a bunch for shipping. Luckily Sister in law has TWO seats that her youngest JUST outgrew. She actually got her booster seats like the day before. She told us we can have them. They both have a few years left. One is a little nicer, we put that in my car since we use it more.
On a different note, We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground. Now they're saying more snow Sunday and Wednesday. Boo to the boo. Really.
1 comment:
Put a Twins game on while you're trying to change his diaper. He'll be mesmerized...or fall asleep... :)
Post a Comment