Roger and I were at the cabin this past weekend and so were my parents. On Sunday, after I woke up, my mom said she was watching the news and they said something about a walk that taking place that day. One of those Race to Cure walks. The walk was for kinda what's going on with me, that's freakin me out. It's not for my exact syndrome but for what the syndrome effects. There's a ton of syndromes that effects this same thing. Sorry for not stating what exactly this is. I'm not fully comfortable telling the world yet. I haven't told the ILs yet. I want to soon. It's hard because such good things have been going on with the family, I don't want to kill the moment. Like a couple weeks ago we were at a wedding. I'm not going to tell them this at a wedding.
Anywho. Now I feel this want to be a part of a fundraiser for this. You know, have people donate towards my name to help out, to participates in the walks/dinners whatever, or even if it's just the donating. That support would be nice. Plus it might make me feel better about what's going on and feel good for trying to help fund money for studies.
I have to see the specialist next week. So maybe I should just ask him about it. See what he thinks, if there's a local charity to be a part of or something. My specialist is at the UofM. But part of me is surprised that they didn't mention this walk thing to me last week when I was there. Oh well.
I'm going to tell Roger about this idea. We've never participated in anything like this before. I know a cousin of his has a charity thing, I think he had a brain tumor or something like that. He still is involved with it. So far there hasn't been any walks here. He's been flying to Chicago to participate and whoever wants can donate money. My in-laws just went to a benefit/charity (towards the studies, not him personally) dinner.
So that's my current thinking. I'm not 100% sure I would really want to do this, but I'd like to look into it and see what's all involved.
1 comment:
I think that's a fantastic idea. You should definetely get involved if you can. :)
Post a Comment