Saturday, December 13, 2008

Pooch

I wrote this on Nov. 28th, 2008

Early December, Roger's dad's side of the family have their Christmas party. It's always at a hall because there's so many people. It's on a Sunday and it's pretty much eat dinner at noon and so on. Home by 3-4.

Anywho, Roger's mom's mom always comes with. This is the grandma that's not doing good right now. For the party all the siblings takes turns hosting it. Pretty much pay the open bar. I think the family's pay for their meal (buffet). But the family in charge of the year, sends out the invites, gets the head count, can plan a special activity if they want. One year someone had a professional photographer come in so families could get a prof shot. Well when it was FIL's year, since we're setting up so early. Well not much really, so Roger and I arrived at the time as we usually do, maybe a little early. So we were in charge of picking up Grandma. I had this beanie baby type dog on my dash. It looked like Cassie. This was about 3-4 years ago now. Right away Grandma puts her hands out asking for the Pooch. The whole way there she rode with the Pooch on her lap and petted her. She put it back when we went in. On the ride home, before putting her seatbelt on, she asked to hold the Pooch again. She put it back when we dropped her off. Then the next time I saw MIL, I gave her the Pooch and said "give this to your mom, she really liked it, I want her to have it".

She had this special doilley mat thing for the Pooch to lay on, on her coffee table. She really enjoyed this thing!

Well a month ago MIL gave me the Pooch back. Since Grandma isn't doing good, she's giving everyone what she wants them to have. She wanted me to have the Pooch back.

A few days later Roger and I went to visit so I brought the Pooch with me saying she's visiting too (Grandma had always called it a girl, which is cool because I did too). He eyes just lit up and she held it and petted it. That was MIL's night to stay overnight with her (all 5 sisters were taking turns staying overnight with her, so she was never alone. This was 2 weeks ago.

Today we went back up to visit her because it really sounds like it could be any day now. But looking at her, she looks like she could hang on for awhile. Just hopefully it doesn't happen while we're all in Vegas. Anyways, she still has the Pooch. Laying besides her pillow.

MIL finally told me that I'm not going to get it back. It's going to go with her.
That makes me feel so good that just this simple thing created so much happiness for her. I didn't really understand why she gave it back to me a month ago. This isn't an object people are going to fight for. Everyone knows that it came from me. I wouldn't mind having it back but if it's going to go with her, let it! This probably has been her friend, listener, companion when nobody was around. Kind of like a real pet.

No comments: