Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vegas Fun (wedding)

Thursday

I worked 6am til 11am. I got home and showered and we left. We drove to my mom's and she drove Roger and I to the airport. We left at 5pm, got to Vegas about 6:45pm. Roger's dad, bride sister, groom, and their son were there. They were trying to get a picture of everyone when they came. So took our picture.

Most of us stayed in the BlueGreen timeshare. When we got there MIL ordered several pizzas. Roger and I were the last to arrive. Since there was the rehearsal, there wasn't really a groom's dinner. But this pizza party was kind of the dinner. They brought out a box ful of T-shirts that they had made. It has the LasVegas logo and says "Lucky in Love" above the logo and their name and date under the logo. So the reception, in June, we're supposed to wear them. The reception is going to be a bbq at the park. Nothing fancy. The shirts are different styles. I think that's a cool idea! Then some of the girls went out and the guys went out and were meeting up later. Kind of the bachlor/bachlorette party, smart huh? Roger and I opted out and went to Freemont street with his parents and gambled. Boy I loved the free drinks. My main drink was vodka redbull, not every casino had redbull, so then I'd order vodka collins. We went to bed at 3. So I was up for a full 24 hours. And I should add that I'm getting sick (cold).

Friday

Wake up at 9 (or was it 10?), MIL, SIL, Bride, and I got our hair done for the wedding. I got my makeup done too. Yipes! Almost $300! At least Roger was ahead at the moment and he came at the moment I was going to pay. So he paid with his current winnings. Poor Bride who decided to party it up big time last night is majorly hungover today! She went back to the room to rest afterwards. The rest of us girls ate, then were back at the room by 4 to get ready. The wedding was to start at 6pm and it was videoed, so rest of the family got the invite from her to watch it on their computer live. Part of the package is 2 limos. The limos belong to the chapel. So the guys rode in the first limo, then the girls limo was supposed to be 15 minutes later. 45 minutes later the limo came. MIL was at the chapel so there was a lot of calling back and forth trying to figure out what's going on. That kinda freaked the bride out of course. But the MIL said that the 5:30 wedding was still going on, so our wedding wouldn't have been able to start anyways. I was trying to do my best to be helpful for the bride. The wedding didn't have any attendents. SIL and Bride stlil are having a conflict over I'm not even sure what. SIL is helping her out but you can tell that's there's something going on between them too. Both a little bitter to each other. They are sisters, not ILs. But either way I wanted to help the bride out because I know it's needed. I took care of holding onto the certificates and the rings before the wedding. Then we get to the chapel and I handed the things over to them. The bouts and corsages were handed to the moms and dads. They gave SIL and me a single rose. Then it was the talk of who is to sign the certificate as the witnessess. She really didn't care, but she said that I'd do it. Kinda awesome but I felt that SIL should sign it since they really are close, they're just going thru a rough patch at the moment. I just felt that if SIL didn't sign it, she'd be even more hurt. I don't want to be in the middle here. Well I had sat down in the pew next to Roger and SIL, then I remembered that it was supposed to get signed before the ceremony. So MIL went to ask Bride and she said either SIL or LeeAnn. So we both went up there to sign it but only one of us could, so I told SIL to do it. I looked at the pictures and they have a closeup picture of me, I think the photographer thought maybe I was the closest to her, kind of a MOH. There's a closeup shot of the guy who signed the paper. But since we didn't get the girls side signed right then, the photographer wasn't there to snap SIL signing. Oh well.

The wedding was very short but sweet. I'm surprised I had to hold back tears. They got some really good pictures, which they got to pickup yesterday. Then we all headed over to this Italian restaurant for the dinner. It was very good. Then we went back to the hotel to change. Bride, groom, and their son were done for the night. Bride and groom shouldn't have partied to hard the night before!
So we went out on the Strip and gambled and drank more free drinks.

No comments: