The wake and funeral went pretty well. My mom rode with us to the wake. My dad is in Florida/Texas with my grandpa right now, otherwise he would've came too. Roger's grandma is his mom's mom. It was nice to see some of FIL's family there, along with his mother.
Two posts ago I wrote about the Pooch. Well it was resting on her stomach, right above where her hands were folded together. It did go with her. I thought it actually made her look more peaceful, instead of her hands just folded across. One of the grandkids said a nice story at the wake. Brought the tears. It was very nice though.
The funeral, (my mom didn't come because of work) it was nice to see more of FIL's family that didn't make it to the wake. We had the service at the church, then ate at the church, then drove to the cementary. I had decorated a full sheet cake. It all went and at the perfect time. So it was a perfect size. There was plenty of other treats, but we didn't know if a full sheet would be enough, but oh well. I scored the cake so I know there was 96 pieces. I put a blue rosebud on each piece. The reason why we ate in between the service and the cementary was because they are about a half hour apart. So we didn't want to trek people all the way to the cementary and all the way back to the church. At the cementary was very cold. It was 10 degrees. I don't know what the windchill was. I wore my warmest jacket and it's actually my nicest jacket, leather, and has a hood. So I was warmer than others. SIL wore a dress, brrr! They did have a tent up and that helped some.
At the service one of the grandkids read a story that her mom (grandma's daughter) wrote. It was really nice. Also 2 other grandkids sang a song. I thought that was very sweet. I guess grandma had asked them to do that.
It was sad, but knowing that she had been suffering this past month mostly, she's in a better place.
No comments:
Post a Comment