We went to a party yesterday for Roger's cousins. It was a 40th birthday party. It was lots of fun.
In middle of the party some of the cousins were suggesting (again) that we host a party. Well not a big party. We bowl with a handful of them and one of the birthday girls bowls too. I wouldn't mind hosting a party but man alive! We've been to 3 cousins houses from bowling and it makes us feel like ours is nothing compared to theirs. I know they don't care. One of them has tried to stop by before but we weren't home. He said it's a great house, the first house they had was so small and whatever. I laughed and said "yeah this might be our first house but this is our forever home!"
We don't have kids yet, but our house seems a bit big for us. We don't use have the house. We pretty much go in the basement to do laundry. It's nice down there. We painted and it is nice. But our big TV is upstairs with the surround sound, so that's where we plant our butts. We have a great 4 season porch that we never use. It's on the back of the garage, so to get to it you have to walk thru the garage. We plan someday, when we actually have money, to expand our little kitchen. With expanding, that'll open up the house to the 4 season room. Once that happens. I know we'll always be in there.
I don't know, it just going to people's houses that are big a beautiful with a beautiful lawn. I am proud of what we have. We just don't really feel like we have anything to show off.
Then again, my sister in law started in the jewelry business. So I told her I'd host a party. I finally set the date. I'll probably invite the guys too. They'll hang out elsewhere, in the house or outside. We'll use the 4 season room for the party. Then after the party, we'll all hang out. Well depending. If I do have to work that weekend, I might not invite the guys. Oh heck I probably will. That gives me a month to get a move on.
I have 4 square mirrors I need hung downstairs. The squares are going to make it a big diamond. I need Roger to do that because I suck at hanging things up. I need to finish reupholstering two bar stools downstairs. I did one and never did the other two. And we need to get rid of a couch!
Ack, what did I get myself into! hehe j/k
No comments:
Post a Comment